Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nothing Has Changed, but Everything Is Different.

We made it to the top of the mountain by taking different paths.
Crossing at times, mostly far from sight but never out of mind.
I've stumbled along the way, fallen down and veered off course.
Ran backwards, crawled, got lost and reached out for help.
I've looked around for you as fear choked my voice from carrying over the terrain.
Even if you heard my cries, how could you have found me from 2,162 miles away?

Wasted time in-between growing up and finding our own lives.
The details were blurry and fading as feelings were pushed aside but never erased.
Ironic how we got here, where ever "here" has found us.
But here we are with less distractions and lessons learned.
Still no map to comfort the journey and only a few necessities on hand.

We climbed the mountain on a faded and narrow path.
Slipped a few times and moved out of the way to catch my breath.
Together at the top with no way of knowing what the descend will bring.
But the view from up here is beautiful with possibilities.

(1/23/12 and 2/7/12)

1 comment:

  1. Could still use some work...I think it ends too soon maybe. I would like more of a build to go with the theme/metaphor.

    ReplyDelete