Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So there was this break up...

Back to a Me, Without a You.

I should have hit you harder.
I should have hit you sooner.
I should have never let you in.

You forced your way through.

Thank you for having the strength to let me go.
My heart would have been stuck on you,
wasting away never to be loved the same.

You had the whole world convinced.

I wish it was my choice, it would have been easier on me.
But now I know it was what I needed,
I was just too afraid to accept the loss.

So thank you for breaking my heart.

I kept blinders on and believed all of your lies,
Made it easy for you
to take advantage of my open heart.

I always try too hard.

You had me fooled before it ever began.
Holding yourself high with pride and values
just a cloak over your selfish juvenile dark soul.

You don't know how to love.

The whole world is not actually a stage.
Someday your make up will rub off
and no one will be around to feed you a line.

You don't know how to live.

I am free now to love again.
Someday I'll find the love
you were never strong enough to have known.

For as much as I ever loved you, I hate you even more.

(from 12/16/11 and 1/16/12)

5 comments:

  1. It's a song! But I still need to figure out a melody, revise and edit. I just needed to get it out there to make it real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has many melodies! I was singing it! Great song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Your makeup will rub off someday"
    Wonderful Line, and in context even more of a jab.
    Adele's broken heart made her loads of money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah and that stanza is better if you know him too! :) haha!
    I did JUST get Adele's 21 and have been listening to it all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Adele awesome? I love the poem and could so strongly relate to several parts of it. Now that my heart has moved on, the lines that inspire me are: I am free now to love again.
    Someday I'll find the love
    you were never strong enough to have known.

    ReplyDelete