Monday, July 11, 2011

So, I blog now...

Well, I'm officially a blogger. This is now a part of my life. Over a decade ago I use to carry my journals around and write constantly. I thought I was brilliant. It was mostly teenage confusion put down on paper. At parties or other social gatherings I'd pull out my books and shove them under anyone's face who wasn't already occupied by another person's face.

Parties with the upperclassman were the best for my informal readings; the older football players seemed deeply moved by my thoughts and queries--or maybe by my tight pants. Three or so hours into the night, somewhere after buzz street beyond hysterical crying fit but well before fighting for the inevitable hurling bathroom run, was my journal. It was always there with or without the booze, or proper spelling and grammar. I'd pass that book around and watched carefully as I connected with people or confused the crap out of them. I had nothing to hide as I'm sure it helped that I didn't use any names and wrote in heavy metaphor.

Here or there I'd notice a smirk or a raised eyebrow, hear a chuckle or even a laugh out loud (ya know that thing people actually did before they "LOL-ed"). The really good nights were when other people put down their drinks and reached for their own pen and paper.

Times certainly have changed. My journals don't get the attention they deserve and I have become disconnected in many ways from my own thoughts. Since long having moved on from the partying scene I'm left with jumping on the bandwagon of this thing called blogging (or logging, not sure if the b is silent ;) ). I hope it helps. And although I will not be able to see the reactions of my readers, at least the spelling has improved thanks to the miracle of spell check. Maybe the grammar will improve in the next 10 years, but for now please excuse and enjoy.

2 comments: